Sequoia

     On Wednesday Austin sent me a text while I was at working saying "Hey, want to go somewhere cold and snowy this weekend!" At first, I thought maybe we would just drive to big bear which is like an hour and a half away and drive home the same day, but knowing Austin, I knew that wasn't it. Especially since he said it was a surprise Valentines day trip, and asked if I wanted to stay in a lodge or a cabin. When I got home I was super excited and started asking for clues, and he said it was four hours away...which was not a good move on his part, I knew immediately where we would be going (and I looked it up on googlemaps.)  We woke up early Thursday morning but later than we said we were going to as always, packed, and stopped to get coffee. On our way up we both came to the realization that we had both forgotten our winter coats, on our winter getaway. By the time we realized this, we were at the Sequoia enterence.

Driving up the massive mountain, we had to put some chains on our tires! (I drive a tiny mint green Fiat 500) As you probably assumed, I was a nervous wreck driving up because my car had never been in the snow before, so we didn't exactly know what would happen. It did perfectly fine, I was super impressed, and we made our way to General Sherman first. 
A cute French couple, who were the only other ones at the spot, asked us in French if we would like them to take a picture of us...I assume anyhow, I'm not very fluent. "Un, deux, trois" said the woman, and we took turns. We walked around the little trail, but it was far too cold to walk very far. We made our way up even further to the lodge we would be staying at, made a reservation for a fancy dinner, and unpacked our things in our room. I won't bore you all with the details, I'll just add a ton of pictures, besides they say way more than I could ever put in words. 



     This was by far the most relaxing and may I add the best Valentines day present I have ever gotten. I'm so blessed to be married to such a sweet guy who really knows how to spoil me. The forest was calling our names and we never wanted to leave. I am so excited to go back, more prepared, and to hike all the awesome trails to see more of it.





3 comments:

  1. allie i wnt 2 blog lyk u tich me ur weighs

    ReplyDelete
  2. no but really i want to blog but i don't know how to work this platform AT ALL. ps your layout looks really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i love you! I am still learning myself! I googled "free simple blogspot layouts" and there were a few good sites and they show you how to do it! Then I just take a ton of pictures and pick the best ones and post them and make them large and centered and then I take forever to write mediocre posts!! YOU CAN DO IT! You're so creative and great at photography! I BELIEVE IN YOU

      Delete

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer