Obligatory Valentine's day post

     I was never a huge fan of Valentine's day, I still am not. However, I do love an excuse to eat junk food and do random fun dates with the love of my life. I woke up early to run to the store to get stuff for surprise mimosa's and to get a head start on breakfast. We hardly ever get to eat breakfast together, and that's something I really miss. We used to always make pancakes, tofu scrambles, breakfast burritos...you name it, we made it. Lately due to scheduling conflicts, it's harder and harder to even squeeze a lunch or dinner together, a homecooked one that is. It makes meals at home more delightful, something valued.
     Pancakes, you can never go wrong with pancakes, I always say. I feel as if everytime I make them they're always different, and that's what makes them so fun. Pancakes, hashbrowns, mimosa's the most glorious breakfast I've made in a while. We ate breakfast and relaxed for the majority of the day, trying to figure out what we would do and what we could do to avoid the crowds. I always wondered why people wanted to go out to eat and do crazy things on v-day, it's like someone else is doing all the work for you. Not to mention it's just crazy busy everywhere, especially here in Southern California. So we decided to make homemade pizza, nachos, watch "It's always sunny in Philadelphia", and go bowling late at night. It was the perfect low key valentine's day and we had a blast. \



      Note to all you lovers out there: If he makes you homemade pizza, he's a keeper.
      Also, treat every day like it's Valentine's day! Buy each other gifts, go on dates,
make each other food, go on long walks, go skating, ride bikes, and most of all love each other. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer