Au Revoir

     Since 2011 I have lived my life in the state of California. I first set foot on the sand at 19 and now at an almost 23 years old I am about to say "until next time!" If there's one thing I've learned in my time here, it's that it's not about what you do, it's the journey, the adventure. I came out here thinking I was going to have the perfect career, in my mind, make all this money and follow my dreams. I didn't know what my dreams were, my priorities changed, and I shortly learned that life doesn't work in a way that we can plan. I've learned to roll with the punches, trust in God, and to keep an open mind.
The last month has been a constant state of stress, sadness, excitement, and happiness...and not in that order. I never thought that so soon I would be on my way back to the place where I came from. When I really started to think about it, California is now who I am. This lifestyle, this beautiful and unique place. It is where I began this crazy new chapter of my life. Pennsylvania became a distant dreamlike place to me. In my mind I couldn't really remember what life was like before I started over here. I was heartbroken. I was a mess. Then Jess came to visit me and it balanced me out again. Her coming out to visit got me all excited again for all of the right reasons. I'm happy to be able to go visit my grandparents whenever I want...something I have longed for since I moved out here. I'm happy for the fresh crisp cold air in September. I'm looking forward to seeing Austin's face when winter rolls around. I'm mostly looking forward to going back to a familiar place, where I was once so comfortable with Austin. Being out here was like me truly getting to know him, what he was about, his life. Now, the table is reversed. 
Our last week in California was a very tender one, full of goodbyes, laughs, and adventure. We had a family beach bonfire, a going away party with our closest friends, and even karaoke night. These moments are the moments that made it so incredibly hard to leave. In all of this I'm glad I had the chance to even make these memories at all. I'm so thankful, and I just wanted to write a short post before I left saying how much I love every single person who has made me feel so welcomed the last few years. It was an incredible time for me, and great growing and learning experience. I can't wait to come back and visit and to see it all and everyone again. 


































Oh, and did I mention how amazing those brownies, apple tarte, and strawberry angel food cake was? Thanks Chasley, Jeff, and Hannah and Julia. ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer