Life, family, friendship, love

     I haven't posted in a few weeks, not because I didn't have anything to say or pictures to post, but I have simply been trying to minimize my use of the computer and my phone. Don't get me wrong I love technology, and i definitely LOVE social media...when it comes down to it, I love living life more. There came a point a week ago when I deleted my snapchat because it was consuming a lot more time than it should have. When your focus starts to distract you from what really matters (God, family, relationships,living to the fullest) that's when you should make a change...whether it be gradual or instant. Gradually I would like to see myself, more playing outside and hiking with my husband, than I am on my iphone. Therefore, if I don't post as often, it isn't that I don't have the words to say, because literally mine are infinite, it's just that I am living. I want to start exploring new places, trying new foods, taking more pictures, learn a new language, learn a new skill, and take in as much as life has to offer...especially with my husband. I want that old fashioned togetherness I listen to old people talk about, I long for it. So that is my new goal for this year, less internet and social media and more actual social living.
END EXPLANATION
WEEK ONE (further explanation)
I spent it like most weeks, a lot of alone time...working then to the gym back and forth. I spent it calling my parents, trying to catch up, trying to feel loved. Sometimes, it's hard for me...not complaining or blaming anyone but myself. It just simply is hard to be alone for me. I need to constantly surround myself with people and or voices of comfort. I am so extroverted that I need to constantly stimulate my brain and do something. This is where the iphone and the computer get dangerous...it stops you, right in your tracks. It takes your time away, your precious time. You could be reading a book, walking, getting together with old or new friends, you could be reading your bible or praying...but I'm not I am sitting here snap chatting "selfies" and coveting everyone's interesting instagram lives. It is a dangerous gamble and I was very distracted. The thing is, I could always have someone to be with, I chose not to..and that is my fault. I've lost friendships over it, good ones, and I am sorry if my selfishness and silly addictions got in the way. After a while of no one being able to do anything, I found it was easier to stay home and seclude myself. (This isn't something new, this is just a developing habit after a long time) Austin closes a lot, our family is doing great things in a different country, and as a young adult everyone is busy. Let's face it, honestly it takes a lot to make the initiative to want to go and do something these days. This is where I stopped and evaluated what I was doing, where I was going, and what I wanted from life. This is when I decided I wanted it to be different. I am now committing to committing to my obligations, especially with family and friends.
     It all started with Thursday, my Friday, I spent it loving my husband and devoting my time with him. We didn't do much, but we were together and that is all that matters these days, time. Friday our grandparents took us on a fantastic trip to Santa Monica for some lunch and just to explore a place we have never been. It was so nice, to have plans and to be with them. They have been such a tremendous blessing in both our lives, especially in mine the past 3 years. 

WEEK TWO
     After that I seemed to have come out of my funk and started to come out of my shell and be myself again. Sunday I went on a jog around town and ran into Aunt Desi, Rob, and Ruby playing at the park and talked to them for a while. They invited August and I to dinner and we joined them. It made me sad to realize that I haven't spent time with family and they're literally right next door. It was nice though to catch up and spend time with them. If you don't know Aunt Desi and Ruby they are a hilarious bunch. Later that night Austin and I went to hang out with friends from work, which was also a lot of laughs and fun. At this point I was feeling so full of love and so blessed. The week proceeded and I joined Austin at school, I worked, I went to the gym...but I was doing more and socializing more. Less technology, more focusing on important things. Thursday came around again, I drove up to Santa Monica and saw my friend Val who I haven't seen for over a year and she gave me an incredible hair cut! That afternoon we spent time with our friends Sarah and Zach who are getting married soon , FINALLY! We went hiking at Crystal Cove, walked on the beach, and ate vegan food together. Friday Austin and I spent some quality time together...and yesterday and today I spent quality time with my brother in law and again with my grandparents! I won't bore you with the details, but I am feeling like my chipper hyper self again. It feels good. Enjoy the pictures and Austin and I have a HUGE announcement coming up this week! SO STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! 
Also, thank you guys so much for supporting my blog and reading! It helps me a lot to know that you care and that I even inspired some to start their own! I really do truly love you all!  

Thank you Sarah and Zach for allowing me to be creepy and post pictures of you guys!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer