Homeward bound

     To me, there really is no place like home, I save up money for the sole purpose of visiting my family. To me, the most magnificent feeling is getting off the plane, going down the escalator, and meeting eyes with my loved ones for the first time in months. Every time it's the same feeling and my heart, it beats outside of my chest. This feeling just intensifies with each new journey. 
     This time around I went home because my best friend, cousin, sister turned 18 years old and I wanted to be there for her for her big day! Jessica Mae Uphold is someone who I talk to every day and knows literally more about me than anyone. She is so easy to talk to, and wise beyond her years. She brings a smile to everyone's face, and makes me laugh until I cry. 

      I only went home for four and a half days and spent time with my family but it felt as if I were there for a month. I love how time seems to slow down when I am out there, I'm not constantly running around doing stuff. It's nice to just stop and smell the fresh air. I love seeing fields, and trees. I missed seeing land so much, living where there is just constantly houses and businesses everywhere you miss the simple life. I missed the feeling of soft grass between my toes, and the cold crisp air. It's incredible there, and beautiful.


     Jessica's party was a lot of fun we played a card game, rock band, and even hide and seek (yes like children and yes I conquered them all). It's a really cool thing seeing someone you love grow up. I remember he running around my couch naked when she was little because she hated the way clothes felt...she hated everything haha. She would never let you put her hair in anything either. Once, she even quit dancing before a recital because the costume was "itchy". My Jess has always been an interesting character. She made a new friend Emma, that will be going to the same college as her and I like her a lot. She has a really good attitude and is just a real down to earth girl. (Pictured above)

           All in all it was a fantastic time home, my family always brings so much joy to my life. I'm very blessed to be able to go home as often as I do. I look forward to long afternoons at my grandparents houses, drinking coffee, watching their "stories", it's just the best time.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer