Did someone say vegan shepherd's pie?!

     For my first recipe post on here I decided to dedicate it to one of my favorite things I like to cook, a shepherd's pie, vegan style. It's so simple, hearty, and perfect for a night in.
What you'll need:
Lentils (I use the trader joe's refrigerated pack)
3 whole organic carrots
1/2 an onion
3 stocks of celery
1 zucchini quartered
6 mushrooms
1/2 a pack of  westsoy seitan
2 1/2 tbs of olive oil
6 organic red potatoes
2 tbs nutritional yeast
2 tbs of earth balance

INSTRUCTIONS:
Prehead oven for 375 Degrees
Like I said, this is a very simple recipe! Take a pie pan and fill the bottom with as much lentils as wanted. Next what I do is stack the vegetables on top until it hits the top of the pan! Drizzle a table spoon and a half of olive oil on top, salt and pepper to taste! The last step before you put it in the oven is to top it off with the seitan and use the juice from the package and drizzle it on top. This is critical because this will give it a natural "beefy" taste! Bake for 35 minutes while your potatoes are boiling. When potatoes are ready, mix in a bowl of 2 tbs of earth balance, 3 tbs of any alternative milk, and a dash of salt. Mash away and BAM you have pretty incredible mashed potatoes. Spread the potatoes ontop of the rest of the pie, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle nutritional yeast on top. Bake for an additional 25-35 minutes


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer