It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

     But mainly it was the best of times...WOW, a whole year has gone bye since we said our "I do's", so much has happened and changed between then.  When you get engaged, you think you know each other, completely. You think you have it all figured out, you even say "I have this marriage thing down already." I will tell you, I thought I did. No one tells you how much you change, grow, and how much you really don't know each other. Especially in our case of never living together, you truly don't know each others bad habits. 
     Austin, you are an incredible man, more incredible than I have ever thought possible. You truly have been there for me through everything...through death, loss of friendships, breakdowns, emotional roller coasters, and through it all you are always so calm. You are my exact other half, if I didn't have you I surely would be crazy. We are a balancing act, you bring down my level of hyperactivity and I bring you out of your introverted shell. To watch you grow as a person, and as a man this year, has been a complete blessing to my life. I am so passionately in love with you, more than ever, and I know that love will continue to grow with each passing year. 


         This first year we really had a deep sense of what it meant to rely on God completely, to rely on each other, and to just be together. We went through financial hardships, loss of a family member, absent family, and fought over silly things just to make up seconds later. God has truly blessed us and made his love for us so evident and clear. If there is anything we learned together our first year of marriage, it would be humility. On that note, I want to just share photos from our last year together!
                     (Note that I am not the best with words, but I love this man a whole lot)





 Here's to 100 more years and forevermore.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer