On the road PT. 2

      I remember being really sad that at this point in our road trip because we would have to speed things up a little because we were taking too long on the West Coast. No staying the night in Yellowstone, no camping at Arches, no getting to take in every single spot I dreamed of stopping at. When you are driving across the country on a time limit, your expectations don't exactly become a reality. I drew an outline of our trip in my mind, even on paper. It wasn't going right. I had to come to terms with that, and I had to suck it up and have fun.
     I drove most of the night from this point...I drove through Idaho, I drove through Montana until it was morning. We were finally in Wyoming, we were almost at Yellowstone. It was everything I had hoped it would be! It was vast, it was colorful, it was beautiful.











     After Yellowstone we were pretty beat but continued to drive. My fuse in my car blew up, we were almost out of gas, and we were in the middle of no where Wyoming. I never had been more scared in my whole life. Both phones were about die, Austin was so incredibly sleepy, and I was having a massive panic attack. I just drove until I couldn't anymore, I drove until I hit Utah. I wasn't giving up for anything. I was ready to be done with this trip, I was ready to be at the location we set sail for. We slept at a rest stop at the beginning of Utah for about four or five hours. I was ready for more. I drove to Salt Lake City for some coffee and food and we were on our way to our next anticipated stop, Zion.

      Zion was pretty sick, and sick in the way that is awesome but so hot and miserable at the same time that it makes you sick. That is all I remember from it...I remember it being 105 degrees, and just wanting to leave. It was beautiful, but crowded in a way that made me feel like I was at Disneyland. Austin and I looked around and vowed that we would come back at some other time in the future.
The rest of our road trip would consist of emotional podcasts, amazing food, the beautiful American landscape we live in. That's what I remember. How beautiful this country we live in truly is. If I could go back. I would take more time. I would slow down. I wouldn't rush anything. I would be content. I would eat a few more of those trunk peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I would hike a few more places, or simply take more silly pictures with Austin. Those moments that seem so small, I would give anything to be back at them again.











     
NOTE: After the last paragraph pictures are not in road-trip order.

Home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer