Black and white


Love, it's a funny thing isn't it? We consume ourselves sick, full of love over another human being. 
For me, if it wasn't for the man I fell head over heels for, I'd probably be in a lot of trouble, or dead. I thank God every single night and day for blessing me with someone so incredible. Someone who deserves nothing but my full attention and love. He is a man who makes me strive to be a better follower of Christ, strive to be a better person, encourages me to fill my heart with love for others and not anger, encourages me to chase my dreams, encourages me to be an adventurer, and teaches me to embrace who I am for what I am.

     Today we both woke up around 4:15 in the morning to get ready for work, we are both employed at Peet's coffee and tea, and we were both tired as can be. So, as you can guess after work we both kind of wanted a relaxing day. We couldn't decide what to do, but being the type A that I am needed to get out of the house, and needed to explore...I was getting antsy and was just ready to go. The beach was the best option for relaxation and vitamin D. When I go to the beach I feel free, I feel like everything in the world is perfect. It's one of those places, like most nature based, that just puts an instant smile on my face. I never will fully grasp the beauty and vastness of the ocean. The crisp air and the salty air will forever linger in my memory, even when I am far away from it. My memories at the beach are always those of happier times, and I guess that coincides with my emotions. Balboa and Newport Beach, for instance, was the first location I ever stepped foot on after my arrival to Orange County for the first time ever. It was my first time stepping foot in a place unfamiliar to where I grew up, it was my first experience of adult independence. It was in that moment I decided that I would move to California, that I would marry the man of dreams. 

When I reflect on every moment I have with Austin it's not black and white, it's beautiful vibrant colors. It's the smell of the ocean breeze, the chill of our night time hikes because we always leave the house a little too late...I can feel and see it all so clearly and I want to always think of it this way. I want to forever feel this passion in my soul for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer