The desert was calling us


    Monday morning we all got out of bed slowly and started on our coffee endeavors to fully awake. We packed the car and we started on our way to my favorite place in the world, Joshua Tree.

     For me it was the best day ever, I was in my favorite place with some of my favorite people. It was the first time we had all been together, and Andie's first time in general. The weather was absolutely perfect, cloudy and cool. In Tustin it was 100 degrees so it was a relief to get away from that for a few hours, as it is nice to get away from everything and everyone for a few hours. It is so peaceful and perfect in the desert.




      We started off our Joshua Tree day with a picnic by some huge rocks, eating some turkey and some tufurky sandwiches. We shared some stories and laughed a lot. It was just a great time to be together we were all so happy.




     We then ventured off to do a little hike together and it was a little spooky because it was supposed to rain, and it looked it too. When we started the hike we were talking about the desert wild life and how none of us have seen any big horned sheep, and what do you know? A little ways in we see three, it was incredible. I was so stoked about it that I didn't want to leave the area, I just wanted to look at them. 


     The best part about the desert is that it calls you to just be together with no distractions. There is no cell phone service, you are disconnected. That's my favorite part, surprising I know, but it's true. I was just enjoying seeing everyone smile and be together. Taking pictures of everything I could. It was another perfect day.




   























  The next day we went to San Diego with Grammy, Papa, Ruby, Jordan and the gang. 
It was such a relaxing day, we went to Solano Beach and drank at Lofty Coffee...We went to Mission Bay and Papa and the boys flew a kite...We went to Old Town San Diego and ate delicious Mexican food and shopped around the shops. It was all in all another great day! The bad part about visiting is you never have enough time...We just soaked it all in the best we could. We are so blessed with such a wonderful family. Thank you for everything. Here are the pictures from that day.

















































1 comments:

  1. beautiful photos.. seriously stunning! xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author

Allie O,
24
I'm a Pennsylvania native, starting over again in Pittsburgh
I'm a wife, barista, hairstylist, adventurer